In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1emancipación femininefemale emancipation, the emancipation of women — la emancipación femenina / de la mujer
- emancipation from sth — emancipación de algo
- In the person of our heroine we are presented with a plea for emancipation.
- It has not yet raised the inspiring banner of working class emancipation.
- This state of emancipation is a state beyond mind and matter, where both sensation and perception cease.
- He was really fighting for national emancipation.
- Emancipation enormously raised the stature of the Union cause internationally.
- At a different scale, we may invoke female emancipation to explain the declining populations of Europe.
- Perhaps the bicycle's most important legacy is its effect upon some women's emancipation.
- Actually the majority of the essay regards the question of women's emancipation.
- The old ideas, in the old organisations, represented quite the opposite of social emancipation.
- Big Maggie heralds a new emancipation in Irish society.
- In their emancipation lies the wellbeing of the world.
- To the proletariat the imperial suffrage has been a mighty weapon in its battle for emancipation.
- One could even say the story implies that emancipation is not properly a woman's pursuit or destiny.
- Marx pointed out that political emancipation was a different thing from universal human emancipation.
- They also offer joyous, kidlike emancipation from the lonely work of conditioning.
- Learning how to serve had begun to yield to women's changing aspirations and increasing economic emancipation.
- It is a question of cooperating with the oppressed and supporting their emancipation.
- Religion is meant for the emancipation of living beings.
- It is certain that for him, emancipation is no part of a reform program of the church for society.
- He wanted to push for rights for his people and ultimately called for Catholic emancipation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.