In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Then, what happened was that he was impressed by the monarchies and the military regimes, and he was jealous of them staying in power for tens of years, embezzling the public money without any accountability.
- Bolanos said his two predecessors had motivated the legislature to impeach him because he would not allow them to embezzle government money.
- She thought that ‘somebody was dipping their hands in the pot,’ as she put it, and embezzling her money.
- They've embezzled money from a company - I had one example of a gentleman who didn't want his wife to know that he was going to a massage parlour every Friday.
- In the real world, no hedge fund or other large trader actually ‘loots’ a fund, embezzles assets, or engages in other clear-cut forms of larceny.
- Yet he was unreliable, twice failing to act on the king's commission, and twice charged with embezzling customs money.
- Peron represented himself as a leader for the common people, however his administration embezzled funds stole from the workers.
- You may, possibly, seduce their wives, embezzle their money, and steal their parking space, without so much as a murmur of reproof.
- That seems to assume that if a solicitor's clerk embezzles money from the trust account, he is not defrauding his employer.
- Who knows if they have embezzled money from that cause, as they seem to have been on a trail of descent, corruption, murder and more… serious questions should be asked!
- They lie to friends, they steal, they have delinquent behaviour, they embezzle money, do whatever it takes in order to keep gambling.
- When I first raised the issue of deferred sentences, it was about a woman who had embezzled money from her employer.
- Soong has said he never embezzled money, and his campaign has argued that Lien has much in common with Marcos, because both married beauty queens.
- Paige speculates that Philip could have embezzled the money and forged documents to implicate Gail and throw authorities off of his trail.
- They were generally egocentric, were big spenders and worked for their employers for longer than five years before they started embezzling money.
- If not closely monitored, they will embezzle aid money and misappropriate resources provided by the coalition.
- But why didn't Soong hand over the money to his successor if he did not have any intention of embezzling the money?
- The system would only be seen to be working if donor organizations embezzling funds were singled out and punished, he said.
- There was a case of fraud by a council official involved with the social work department, who was prosecuted for embezzling money, but this had nothing to do with the funding of Third Age.
- You have no future, and you further endanger that slight chance of having one by consorting with dirty little horrors and embezzling money from company funds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.