In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1emblema masculinesímbolo masculine
- These liveries came to be distinguished by heraldic insignia and emblems.
- Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott's team insisted yesterday it would not recognise the White Rose as a national emblem.
- The tombstones are those of prominent men and their families and have family emblems on them.
- What is this little plant and where has it come from - our national emblem throughout the world?
- However, they took care to remove the national emblem from the cover before putting the report to the torch.
- A coat of arms is usually defined as a design on a shield used as an emblem by a family, city, or institution.
- Two African leopards adorn the national emblem, a five-pointed white star on a light blue shield with a gold border.
- On the wings of the building are heraldic emblems of the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh.
- In addition, there was his deep understanding of imagery, traditional emblems, heraldry and associations with the paintings of the period of the work being examined.
- Again, a very rare popular woodcut dates from after the Spanish Armada of 1588 when images of the Queen were used as emblems to rally national pride.
- The new passports look like the old ones, complete with green covers bearing the national emblem.
- But they also derived some very arcane and bizarre mnemonic devices with emblems or symbols that were meant to represent aspects of the Catholic faith.
- The ancient emblem for the nation was a lion holding a scimitar against a rising sun.
- As a result, for the past few months, the various teams have been researching, designing and working on sporting kits, national emblems, costumes and flags.
- Our national emblem should be not the Lion Rampant but the mole.
- Red caps, badges, distinct ties and other emblems confer authority on to officially endorsed senior pupils.
- In her world national colors and emblems were very important and she figured that the same would hold true.
- It reflects much of Canterbury's early history being decorated outside and inside with the heraldic emblems of early settlers, governors and supporters of the Summit Road Scheme.
- Although there are exceptions, most Chinese ceramics can be categorized by reign marks, seal marks and emblems.
- Edwin Redslob, when he was appointed artistic secretary of the Weimar Republic, chose modern artists to design the national emblems and coats of arms that were meant to give the new republic a fresh face.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.