In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Serious obstructions, such as a pulmonary embolism, need emergency medical treatment.
- A computed tomographic scan demonstrated a pulmonary embolism, and anticoagulation therapy was initiated.
- For example, if the person has an air embolism in the arteries carrying blood to the brain, it may cause seizures.
- Spiral computed tomography showed a pulmonary embolism in the left lower lobe.
- Even so, thrombolytic therapy of pulmonary embolism does not dissolve the clot completely as it does with acute coronary thrombosis, and increases the risk of bleeding.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.