In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine presentadorfeminine presentadoramasculine maestro de ceremoniasfeminine maestra de ceremonias
- Well, that's what we're trying to prevent here’ said the emcee, explaining the need for security measures at a recent preview screening of Johnny English.
- After the drivers were introduced by a traveling emcee called ‘The Motor Mouth,’ an invocation and the national anthem, cars left at one-minute intervals to cheers from the crowd.
- It was a big to-do in San Francisco's opera house back then, with Sam Donaldson and Alan Cumming as emcees… but it was also the dying days of the dotcom exuberance.
- I found the show very entertaining, a great combination of physical strength, endurance, slapstick, and witty repartee between the lumberjacks and the emcee.
- The emcees asked the classic is-there-a-doctor-in-the-house question, and four popped up to give aid.
- When an emcee is on stage, some people say its not theater.
- Fame, however, didn't come immediately and while he battled emcees in Washington Square Park, he also worked for five years at the country's oldest black bookstore, Nkiru in Brooklyn, which he later purchased in 1998 with Mos Def.
- Ready for a ride with the illest emcees of Detroit?
- I am one with the crowd and my years as an emcee stand me in good stead.
- Pre-game festivities will include a special guest emcee doing player introductions.
- We wanted to get away from the image of just being emcees, so we came up with the name ‘Silent Lambs Project’ to signify that this is the silent messenger's work at hand.
- This is definitely a man with a lot on his mind, he and his guest emcees rhyming with a sense of conviction and urgency on each track.
- Also, keep your eyes peeled for a super tour headlined by supa emcees De La Soul, as well as a touchdown from Chicago's finest, Common.
- Bill Irwin is a masterful comedian, a world-class mime, and a witty emcee.
- As an emcee, you'll make maybe $250 a week, with features making $400 - $500 and headliners around $1000.
- Hip-hop rose in urban centers, launched by breakdancers and carried forward by emcees, DJs and graffiti artists.
- There will be an emcee to conduct quizzes and give away prizes and freebies.
- The artists presenting work ranged from traditional monologuists and playwrights to dancers and emcees making their first forays into theater.
- And not just because it landed three top performers - singers Shanty, Melly Goeslaw and Titi DJ - as well as noted emcees Tika Panggabean and Farhan.
- There's a lot of dope emcees and musicians who should be heard.
- The emcee, a university official, casually noted in her introduction that the school ‘will proceed with its affirmative action policies no matter what the Supreme Court does.’
- It was a great evening - the comedians were hilarious (Scott Falconbridge was the emcee, Dana Alexander was one comedian, and Mike Dambra was the headliner).
- The emcees (Abdominal, D-Sisive) try to impart some wisdom on the listener, but not in any sincere way - more as an effort to appear well read or vaguely revolutionary (in an inoffensive manner).
- The club opens its stage every week to poets, singers and aspiring emcees.
- It's very rare for emcees to do narrative works, and even more rare for them to tackle a specific historical event retrospectively.
- More recently a friend of mine (a UW student and emcee) was trying to find other student emcees to put on an event, but to no avail (even though KW apparently has a well-known hip hop community).
- Lewis was replaced as host by Dennis James, who was even worse, and other emcees were tried.
- For reasons that will be explained later, the highlights of 1st Class are the tracks that feature guest emcees.
- Aside from that, Jay-Z's not one of my favorite emcees, but a good beat does a lot to make up for that, and this album is a wonderful example.
- Once a group containing the talents of myriad emcees, they were whittled down to a more tidy, and probably more manageable five for their first major release: ‘As the World Burns.’
- After a short stint as an emcee of ‘Earn Your Vacation,’ Carson got his own half-hour comedy show, called ‘The Johnny Carson Show.’
- Lana arrives downstairs just as the emcee introduces Dr. Yolanda Jones.
- The emcees kept the flow going by introducing each item with a brief description.
- He enters the scene with a collection of more than able emcees, the most impressive of which is given the honor of being mentioned several times on the album: Jean Grae.
- Television personality Star Jones served as emcee for the evening.
- After the obnoxious announcer, who clearly wished he had been bestowed with the honour of actually being counted as a storyteller and not simply the emcee, I was not in a mood most receptive to storytelling.
- Cee-Lo Green comes from the soulful South, and his aptly titled second album finds the sizeable emcee eschewing the stereotypical rapper role.
- That means Technique who loses rap battles to white emcees named Idea has guilty blood on his hands and tongue from that insidious Hollywood connection.
- By the way, I too agree with the posters who say there should be more articles devoted to real emcees with subject matter relevant to positive action.
- Deco Drive's colorful Daisy Deadpetals will emcee the fashion event.
- Sunday I emcee another concert at Orchestra Hall, and I will put on the black uniform as usual.
- CBC radio announcer Katherine Duncan will emcee the event, which is put on by the the Book Publishers Association and the Writers Guild of Alberta.
- Recently, I emceed a performance by eleven New England dance schools who shared their talents to raise money for the The Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund.
- Seymour, a painter herself, helped emcee the event and donated a canvas - a floral still life, which fetched $5,000 in the evening's benefit auction.
- Sunday night I have to emcee a concert at Orchestra Hall, which is fun, in a terrifying sort of way; nothing I do quite equals the paralyzing moment of walking on stage and seeing that vast auditorium filled to the rafters.
- Just a bit after 400 PM, the speakers began, and the ceremony was emceed by Gil Mallory, President of Amtrak West.
- We went - at two inaugurals, his first inaugural I emceed an event at the Lincoln Memorial.
- This festival of performance is emceed by Joe Giamalva, a director, dancer and choreographer, and is host to more than seventeen studios.
- Cary Grant and I emceed this Victory Caravan.
- Afterwards, it was all back to Shenanigans for the superb Carvery and Happy Hour, and the prize giving ceremony emceed by Shenanigans tournament director Mike Franklin.
- Former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw will emcee the event.
- And Robbins, who emceed the event, says everyone who is able to help should do what they can.
- Main Events' Carl Moretti emceed the event as all six major combatants and their trainers were brought up one at a time to give their insight to Saturdays Mega-Card.
- I emcee things at Carefree all the time but it was so different to emcee a festival.
- The promoter of the contest, NPC Maryland district chairman Todd Swinney, brought in Shawn Ray to emcee the event.
- Perhaps someday Tony will step into his father's shoes to emcee city events in the English language?
- Diamond Dave ably emceed the party and entertained all throughout.
- He was also instrumental in getting always-vocal Shawn Ray to emcee the contest.
- I emceed the dinner for Rudi Giuliani the other night, and the crowd is just enormously buoyed and up.
1ser el maestro de ceremoniashacer de maestro de ceremonias
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.