In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1eméritoprofessor emeritus or emeritus professor — profesora emérita feminine
- He is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and a professor emeritus of physics at Stanford University.
- Hale is vice provost and professor emeritus at Ohio State University.
- This year seven professors will be receiving the title of professor emeritus at convocation ceremonies.
- He has been a professor emeritus of marketing at Kansas State University since 1997.
- He was, however, permitted to keep his library and was granted an emeritus professorship by the University.
- At present he is emeritus professor from the University of Marburg.
- He is professor of sociology and education emeritus at Harvard University.
- He is professor emeritus of English at the University of Houston.
- He is professor emeritus at the University of Arizona's Optical Sciences Center.
- He was appointed professor at Reading in 1977 and became emeritus professor on his retirement.
- Rogers held this post until he retired in 1986, when he became professor emeritus and remained at University College.
- He is a professor emeritus of physics at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California.
- During his travels, Holder, a professor emeritus at Illinois State University, painted what he saw.
- Baxter is a professor emeritus at the University of Windsor whose diverse body of work includes photography, light boxes and sculpture.
- Gil is professor emeritus of education at The University of Connecticut, and he now joins us as senior editor.
- Now an emeritus professor of Manchester University, he has lectured all over the world.
- He taught at NYU, Columbia University and Barnard College, where he was professor emeritus.
- He is professor emeritus at the Department of Geography, University College London.
- Meier is a professor emeritus of history at Kent State University.
- He is professor of theology emeritus at the University of Tubingen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.