In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1emisión femininenocturnal emission(s) — polución nocturna feminine
- It can improve biodiversity, protect wildlife habitats, and prevent the emission of vast amounts of toxic chemicals into our water, air, and soils.
- Radioactivity is the process of emission of radiation as a radioactive material changes form, often to a different element.
- When environmental issues first became a global concern, Britain was well placed to limit its emissions of noxious gases into the atmosphere.
- There is also a specific obligation to prevent the emission of noxious or offensive substances into the atmosphere.
- Natural sources of emissions of sulfur dioxide include volcanic eruptions and forest fires.
- The Environment Agency has given them a new permit to carry on burning tyres at the site, but has said emissions of noxious gases from the giant chimney must come down.
- Road transport is a major source of emission of primary pollutants, especially in cities.
- However, gasoline engines and generators on boats have no emission controls and can emit carbon monoxide in huge amounts.
- It seeks to promote energy efficiency and alternatives to fossil fuels, and insists on reductions in the emission of greenhouse gases by the industrialised world in the hope that the climate may stabilise.
- An occupier may incur liability for the emission of noxious fumes or noise, although he has used the utmost care in building and using his premises.
- Global warming results from the emission of heat trapping gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane.
- This random emission of photons leaves the resulting electron beam with a fuzzy, rather than a sharply defined focus.
- Radiation emission from mobile phones must be cut by 80 per cent, a group of UK MPs said yesterday.
- The effect of implementing the Kyoto Protocol, he says, would be to transfer vast sums of money from some countries to others without reducing the emission of greenhouse gases.
- Many options for limiting greenhouse gas emissions are available in the short and medium term.
- The energy master-plan emphasises investment in technology to reduce the emission of pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide through improvements in coal combustion.
- Enormous environmental externalities also result from our over-dependence upon cars, especially in air pollution and in the emission of greenhouse gases.
- But even with this recent progress, we are far from any solution that reverses - or even reduces - the emission of global warming gas.
- The Ministry of Finance is initiating a first on the Bulgarian market by the emission of euro-denominated bonds with a 15-year period of maturity.
- I waited in silence, browsing through my CDs, deciding which one to play, when my meditations were disturbed by an ungodly sound, and the emission of an unrepeatable word from Jo.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.