In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Just such propositions take us beyond the limits of empirical particularity.
- These judgments, when known, constitute knowledge that is based on nothing empirical.
- She rightly saw that there was nothing in the empirical evidence that required her to say that.
- Views like this smack more of a priori epistemological ideals than of empirical findings.
- I think it is too much a matter of perception, rather than there being empirical evidence.
- There is strong empirical evidence to support the case for vertical integration.
- These are empirical questions rather than theoretical ones, and the issues seem mundane.
- The question of whether science causes harm might seem to be an empirical rather than a philosophical one.
- Admittedly, whether this is correct is an empirical question, and we cannot claim to know the answer.
- Thus for Popper the logic of science is exclusively the deductive logic of empirical refutation.
- Because natural science can offer empirical proof for its hypotheses, it can verify its claims.
- The only way that you can have confidence in it is to have some empirical experience yourself.
- You can't apply probabilistic methods to a phenomenon where there is no empirical evidence.
- Kant repeatedly emphasizes that the theory is not to be construed as empirical psychology.
- The work has a strong empirical base, but it is firmly governed by theory.
- Over the course of her term, she emphasised the need for WHO to base its work on empirical evidence.
- Much of its research, then, was of a sociological nature, and thus had a certain empirical base.
- Viewed dispassionately, the empirical evidence does not support such a position.
- What, then, may we say of the role of empirical studies in the domain of ethical research?
- The fitting of empirical curves to experimental data is one aspect of data-based modelling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.