In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1empleado masculineempleada feminineshe's an employee in an insurance company — está empleada / trabaja en una compañía de seguros
- management and employees reached an agreement — la dirección y los trabajadores / empleados llegaron a un acuerdo
- before noun employee buyout — compra de una compañía por parte de los empleados
- Many public sector employees do vital but forgotten work.
- Not all employees who are eligible to retire will do so.
- It will offer jobs at the national minimum wage and with the same rights as permanent employees.
- The government plans to make millions of public sector employees work another five years before they can claim their pension.
- Part of these foreign employees ' salaries can be paid by the overseas headquarters.
- She stopped to chastise her audience, telling them to treat local hotel employees and restaurant workers with respect.
- Thousands of city employees were fired and there was a wage freeze for the survivors.
- State bank employees have been involved in continuous agitation against privatisation.
- They have failed to pay their employees ' wages for July.
- The National Alliance for Fair Employment reports that three in ten workers are neither full-time nor permanent employees.
- There is not usually any formal structure for representing employees at board level.
- The dismissal and disciplinary procedures apply when an employer contemplates dismissing an employee on various grounds.
- Most employers currently choose the fund into which they pay their employees ' superannuation contributions.
- At its peak, the firm had more than 6,000 employees on its payroll.
- He remains an employee of the state railway company, which is continuing to pay him.
- The other patients pay for their care at cost while federal government employees are entitled to special privileges.
- A prospective employer of one of the company's former employees has approached me for a reference.
- The plans are often extolled, rightly, for improving employee morale and loyalty.
- Verify that the employee is legally eligible to work in the United States.
- What action an employer takes will depend on the terms of the employee's contract.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.