In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1persona casada cuyos hijos han abandonado el hogar
- Their most important customers are the empty nesters.
- Today's media is rife with speculation about the impact of baby boomers becoming empty nesters and approaching retirement.
- Sherry would soon become an empty nester, as their two daughters rapidly approached college age.
- Then there are folks like these two, who in demographic parlance are baby boomers turned empty nesters.
- These appeal to two sets of people: young professionals with no children attracted to the bright lights of the city and empty nesters in their 50s who are downsizing.
- The city's natural beauty draws big money from empty nesters, retired people and cultural tourists.
- As baby boomers become empty nesters, freed of paying for their kids' tuition, room, and board both at home and away, they increasingly are buying a second home rather than merely downsizing the one they occupy.
- Built primarily for empty nesters and nontraditional families, these flexi-houses feature walls that can be removed to change a room's shape.
- One thing that empty nesters, second home owners and two-earner households have in common is that they eat out more often and spend more on food away from home.
- Mostly I'm looking forward to being just 40 something when I'm an empty nester.
- ‘They're either high-end empty nesters or young professionals with no kids,’ he said.
- But older empty nesters today are much more likely to own a second home some distance from their primary residence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.