In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And the chicks follow the father emu across the highway.
- Ostriches and emus are primitive birds that have more in common with dinosaurs than more advanced birds like robins, Schweitzer said.
- However, the really close resemblance is between ostrich and emu.
- Living relatives of moa include the emus, ostrich, and kiwi, which are members of a bird group called ratites.
- Ostriches, emus, cassowaries, rheas, kiwis, moas and elephant birds really are more closely related to each other than they are to any other birds.
1UME feminineUEM feminine
- European Monetary Union
- Economic and Monetary Union
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.