In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vajilla esmaltada femininevajilla enlozada feminine Southern Cone
- He also specialised in selling nails, iron, barbed wire, enamelware, Royal Dalton china and silverware from places like New York, Liverpool and London.
- In recent years, vintage European enamelware has been piquing interest.
- Grisaille enamelware obtains a design in light and shade by painting over an opaque white background in one colour.
- Cloisonne is an enamelware in which the surface decoration is formed by different colors of enamel that are separated by thin metal strips fixed along the design pattern.
- All dyeing should be done in a stainless steel or enamelware container only; never use an aluminum pot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.