In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Patients given vaccines against measles, mumps and rubella, polio, rabies and Japanese encephalitis are not affected.
- The pathogenesis of necrosis in toxoplasma encephalitis is unclear.
- In the normal brain the virus can cause encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain which is potentially fatal.
- Others carry deadly diseases like malaria, encephalitis and yellow fever.
- These conditions are causing complications such as encephalitis, pneumonia, diarrhea and conjunctivitis.
- Very rarely, an adult with chickenpox develops brain inflammation called encephalitis.
- Meningitis and encephalitis are infections of the brain and spinal cord usually caused by bacteria or viruses.
- We had no way of telling the difference between rabies encephalitis, polio encephalitis, or other causes of encephalitis.
- Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.
- This is still the case with conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalitis.
- Varicella pneumonia and encephalitis can be serious complications in adults.
- Symptoms of herpetic encephalitis may include headache, confusion, seizures, or lethargy.
- Soon people within the city began to experience symptoms similar to encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain.
- The first concern is to rule out treatable forms of dementia such as encephalitis or chronic meningitis.
- Famous members of this family cause dengue fever, yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis.
- Measles is a highly infectious viral illness that can cause pneumonia, diarrhoea, encephalitis and death.
- Complications of systemic infection include pneumonia, encephalitis, and hepatitis.
- Mortality occurs in one to two per 1,000 cases, often secondary to pneumonia or encephalitis.
- West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne disease that can cause encephalitis, a brain infection.
- Patients with meningitis or encephalitis may need pain control for headache.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.