In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- People older than 50 years of age are at the highest risk for developing significant symptoms and may develop encephalomyelitis.
- The condition is sometimes called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.
- They injected myelin proteins designed to induce the mouse counterpart of multiple sclerosis, called experimental allergic encephalomyelitis.
- In experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, rats develop an MS-like disease that features autoimmune reactivity against myelin basic protein.
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, a rare demyelinating disease, is usually triggered by infections or immunisations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.