nounPlural encomia, Plural encomiums
1encomio masculine formalelogio masculine
- When Princess Diana and Mother Theresa died within a month of each other in late 1997, the encomiums for both occasionally became intertwined.
- He appeared more than happy to be the coach of the Hong Kong cricket team and showered encomiums on Hong Kong cricket.
- Her poetry is replete with such images, as time and again she writes encomia or praise-poems to particular mothers as well as the state of motherhood as an abstract ideal.
- Among the various guidelines for the speakers, one rule advises students to avoid encomiums at the beginning of the speech.
- Her original choreographies based on Indian mythology and contemporary issues earned her encomiums from around the world.
- Lyric poetry This included dithyrambs, encomia, paeans, and hymns.
- ‘I also feel happy to know that it is receiving encomiums from various quarters,’ he added.
- It was a pity that people were keen on showering encomiums on politicians and heads of religions and communities, whatever the frailties of these individuals.
- But the most frequently recorded encomiums come from men and women in his own constituency.
- The study opens with the encomiums of his funeral in 1965.
- The functions were not rituals to merely shower encomiums on the birthday boy.
- This encomium of praise for the liberating Romans was soon replaced by a rather different view in mainstream Judean opinion.
- Among the new poems in his new book is one so good that the publisher has put it on the back of the hardcover edition, instead of blurbs and encomia.
- I haven't read too many of these phony encomiums, but a typical theme seems to be that, love him or hate him, he was a ‘great’ man.
- Yet amid all the encomiums the coming days will bring, it's worth remembering that he was for many years at odds with the critical establishment, and occasionally with audiences too.
- After such encomiums there is only one thing left to say and it is this - if you are going to read just one American novel this year, let this be the one.
- This won him encomiums, inside and outside the House.