In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In principle, then, cultural studies includes and encompasses literary studies, examining literature as a particular cultural practice.
- Every dog's life is encompassed within that of their owner.
- Once upon a time, the door had been inscribed with several lovely characters and a beautiful floral design encompassed the doorway.
- We are entering the Basque region which encompasses a small area of both Northern Spain and Southern France.
- Meditation encompasses breathing and relaxation techniques that are designed to help you relax and feel at peace.
- A cacophony of pounding engines, honking of horns, screeching of brakes and Spanish profanity encompasses me, surround-sound style.
- It operates as a full function timber frame business encompassing sales, design, manufacture and erection.
- They had chosen to walk within the forest encompassing much of the land beyond the Estate.
- It is a comprehensive document encompassing the increasing breadth of activities associated with our industry.
- First, only 29 families of frogs, encompassing approximately 4,800 species, were known till then.
- Telemedicine is an umbrella term that encompasses any medical activity involving an element of distance.
- In the novelties of our hourly existing, it is easy enough to recognize how much we have encompassed ourselves within technology.
- A well-designed room is a unified whole that encompasses all the other elements and principles of design.
- That new design approach encompasses high performance and synchronization.
- The questionnaire was produced especially for this study, and it encompassed aspects and problems of nursing documentation revealed by the literature review.
- Furthermore the constructed peptide is completely encompassed within the cutoff radius.
- Our awards also encompass professional areas of life.
- The United States has 540 wildlife refuges encompassing nearly 100 million acres.
- Our surroundings encompassed us so completely, it was as if we were in this world all on our own.
- The image encompassed him, surrounding him in the gruesome pictures of war.
- Learning environments, therefore, must remain interesting and encompass a variety of teaching strategies.
- The book is a comprehensive, detailed text that encompasses all aspects of head and neck pathology.
- The snares of death encompassed me; I suffered distress and anguish.
- He it was whom the sorrows of death encompassed…
- Is it because no simple phrase can fully encompass all that happened, all that changed?
- Our definition encompasses both individual behaviors and institutional practices.
- There is a lack of studies encompassing whole genomes.
- He decided that the portal would encompass the entire bed including the carved ivory bench at the foot of the bed.
- Surrounding me, encompassing my being as a whole, was a whirlwind of earth and wind, fire and water, increasing in intensity and speed.
- This policy must encompass all aspects of waste management, including waste minimisation, recycling, re-usage and waste disposal.
- In this context, the term radiation encompasses a wide range of light sources.
- Such research, at times, also encompasses what might otherwise be called " business history".
- But, foolish though I undoubtedly am, I encompass only my own destruction.
2literary(bring about)ocasionar formalprovocar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.