In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enciclopedia femininea walking encyclopedia — una enciclopedia ambulante humorous
- Exploring encyclopedias and resource books in both languages can enhance children's construction of new concepts.
- Besides the standard dictionaries, encyclopedias and almanacs, I have shelf upon shelf of volumes that perhaps even a professional librarian wouldn't recognise as reference books.
- There were lots of bookshelves filled with books, encyclopedias and dictionaries.
- I am looking at encyclopaedias and reference books to decide what I am best at.
- There were also some dictionaries, encyclopedias and travel books, so I could say that their library was complete.
- The major e-library sites will offer on-line reference tools like encyclopedias and dictionaries along with thousands of books and journal articles.
- Some of my favorite books are old, gorgeously illustrated encyclopedias and atlases.
- On the internet, there are vast chunks of information in online encyclopaedias and digital directories, all of which can be instantly updated.
- Students can also access electronic multimedia encyclopedias, library references, and online publications.
- In addition to leveling churches, houses, and graveyards, ethnic cleansers burn books, encyclopedias, and dictionaries.
- The bulk of the book is an encyclopedia covering 700 species of ferns found in cultivation.
- The book resembles an encyclopedia, with 3,000 recipes from five other countries in addition to Italy.
- It stocks a vast selection of books and magazines going far beyond the expected reference books and encyclopaedias.
- ‘Most textbooks belong in the reference category along with encyclopedias, dictionaries, and thesauruses’.
- The wooden headboard held many books including, the Bible, a dictionary, encyclopedias, books, songs, and poems she had written.
- She has long been considered the authority on Walker's life and has been a contributor to books, encyclopedias and articles about Walker.
- If you are unable to find a biography, check an encyclopedia or reference book at your library.
- This book is an encyclopedia of common sewing techniques from Appliqué to Zippers.
- Her citations, however, include only an encyclopedia and four books on Africa.
- Well we learned how to use encyclopedias and almanacs and handbooks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.