In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(provide)endowed with sth — dotado de algo
- a very well endowed girl/boy — una chica muy bien dotada/un chico muy bien dotado
- You have also been endowed with the ability to command and control.
- Maria, Blanca, and Lucy are not in any way superhuman, nor are they endowed with amazing abilities.
- Geographically, this region is endowed with tremendous diversity of hills, valleys, forests, grazing lands, streams, and canals.
- In addition he was endowed by a dynamic personality, buoyant spirit, and had immense personal magnetism, saintly kindliness and charity, displaying neither envy nor malice.
- It has been endowed with a mystic quality.
- Everybody is endowed with the ability to make ethical judgments.
- You are aware, of course, that she is insane, but she is also endowed with formidable psychic gifts.
- Actually, the larvae of most coral reef fishes are endowed with good swimming abilities, good sensory systems, and sophisticated behavior that is quite flexible.
- Such a demand has been answered by computer manufacturers who are competing to produce laptops of smaller size and lighter weight endowed with wireless capabilities.
- Recent evidence indicates that some birds are also capable of UV vision and that insects and fish are endowed with the ability to perceive UV polarized light.
- A Chinese woman who claims she is endowed with a special gift that allows her to heal others was deported from Taiwan yesterday.
- Love is part of the nature of God, and humans were endowed with the ability to love as part of being ‘created in His image’.
2(provide income for)(hospital/college/school) dotar (de fondos) a
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.