In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine resistenciamasculine aguantefeminine enterezafeminine fortalezapowers of endurance — capacidad de aguante feminine
- a feat of endurance — una proeza de resistencia
- beyond / past endurance — intolerable
- he made them suffer beyond endurance — los hizo sufrir hasta que no podían más
- before noun endurance test — prueba de resistencia
- endurance record — récord de resistencia
- This cross-border event is a rigorous and testing challenge of endurance and skill.
- A football match is not a sprint and is, more often than not, a test of endurance.
- For a man like him, Antarctica represents the ultimate endurance test.
- For most people, running a marathon would be the realisation of a lifetime ambition and the ultimate test of endurance.
- It'll take a while but any difficulty will be in testing our endurance.
- Test your endurance and skill as you power round tracks for up to 24 hours.
- The six of us that are left are looking around at the empty beds and realizing that this is becoming a test of endurance.
- His spirit of endurance and his determination carried him through those difficult times.
- Like a stage of a bike race, it is a test of endurance and, ultimately, speed.
- The first one went in to test his endurance and he did and came out better than his expectations.
- Soon new records will be set and new tests of endurance undergone.
- A Swindon doctor and marathon runner looks set to finish the ultimate endurance test in the Sahara Desert.
- We've seen ordinary men testing their endurance under the rigours of SAS training.
- The rally will be a real test of endurance, stamina and navigational skills.
- It is the ultimate test of skill and endurance of both the rider and his steed.
- The pair have been in training for the marathon endurance test since October.
- Each step down the metal staircase, each turn at each landing, was an agonizing test of endurance.
- The marathon race is the big test of endurance in the Olympics.
- Pulling out a stopwatch and trying your skills is fun but will also test your endurance and physical fitness.
- Such activities are tests of endurance, to see how much pain and misery you can withstand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.