In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A barium enema is a procedure, done through a special x-ray, for examining the large bowel.
- The pouches may be noticed during a barium enema, when a liquid is inserted into the intestine through the anus and an X-ray of the abdomen is taken.
- A barium enema was performed preoperatively to define the anatomy of the duplicated colon, and it showed complete colonic duplication.
- After a course of antibiotics I was to undergo a barium enema to check this diagnosis.
- No further deaths have been reported after procedures requiring barium enemas.
- During a barium enema, a liquid mixture containing barium is given through a catheter tube into the child's rectum, and special X-rays are taken.
- Before some types of X-rays, such as a barium enema, you're given a liquid called contrast medium, or a dye.
- Colonoscopy is preferable to a barium enema because it allows for the biopsy and removal of lesions.
- For this test, you are given an enema with a liquid that makes your colon show up on an x-ray.
- Barium enema, like colonoscopy, examines the whole colon and rectum, and, although it is cheaper and has a lower complication rate than colonoscopy, it is invasive and requires full bowel preparation.
- Other tests include stool testing and X-rays of the bowel, taken after a barium enema.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.