In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1they are responsible for the enforcement of the law — son responsables de hacer cumplir / respetar la ley
- before noun enforcement agencies — departamentos de seguridad del estado
- enforcement officer — agente de la ley
- The dialogue between pub communities will be of huge help to police enforcement of any banning orders.
- There is a lack of strong legal institutions so legal enforcement is minimal.
- For laws to work, however, effective enforcement and sanctions must be in place.
- There's been virtually no enforcement of the bus lanes since they were introduced a few years ago.
- Effective enforcement would be a must for any new parking strategy, says the Civic Society.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.