In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(smile/personality) atractivo(smile/personality) encantador(book/play) interesanteshe's very engaging — es muy simpática
- He was an engaging character who delighted in good company and was a good man to tell a story.
- I look at his engaging smile and listen to his loud laugh and kiss his soft little cheeks and I wonder.
- She has an engaging smile, she is discrete, and she is strong.
- He must have been a very engaging speaker, a charming man.
- She smiled her most secretive and engaging smile and said nothing.
- The paintings Cormac selected for view at the Garter Lane Centre comprise an engaging mix of land, sea and urban scapes alongside an array of still lives.
- His engaging personality, pretty face and impressive physique make him the envy of all the other models.
- From everything I know, she is an engaging, likeable person, but she certainly isn't coming off as much of a team player.
- Good looking, polo-playing and sporty, he appeared to have an eye for a pretty face and an engaging shyness that endeared him to many and helped him become one of the most sought after bachelors in the world.
- What interventions can be made at an architectural level to make our city a more engaging place to live?
- It is as visually appealing as its story is engaging and imaginative.
- Valery is a cheerful person with roguish brown eyes and an engaging smile.
- Never did she fail to warmly greet people with her engaging smile and lively chat.
- They realize the engaging city offers them a home and a lifestyle like most of them have never experienced.
- Michelle immediately responded to his engaging personality and smiled in returned.
- One of the most interesting houses in Mayfair, an engaging contrast to its neighbours, with a starry host of former occupants.
- Ade is a handsome 16-year-old in New York City with a warm, engaging smile.
- I hadn't noticed it beforehand, but the way his face lifted when he beamed highlighted the engaging way his smile was the slightest bit crooked.
- Even though he had impeccable manners and an engaging smile, and also a ton of money, she knew he wasn't for her.
- He is a highly talented DJ, has a most pleasant and engaging voice, and would be a great loss to the radio station.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.