In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1soldado raso masculine
- Some 300 officers and enlisted men were serving in these historical units when the war ended in 1945.
- Standard military protocol required enlisted men to come to attention when the commanding officer arrived on deck.
- The army spokesman says it is standard procedure for military police to question only the enlisted men and officers involved.
- When I was there, he only talked to the enlisted men and NCOs. No officers.
- A similar kind of fracturing could emerge within the U.S. Army if enlisted men and their officers spend most of their careers on a single base.
- He began as an enlisted man in an anti-tank gun crew with the German 132d Infantry Division as it moved across southern Russia.
- In 1994, it had 503,800 officers and enlisted men on active duty.
- It was originally composed of approximately 600 acres with housing for 108 officers and 330 enlisted men.
- This commitment extended to his officers and enlisted men, each of whom he individually interviewed before accepting them in the submarine service.
- Thus most of the company commanders, and many battalion commanders, were former enlisted men.
- He was an ordinary kind of guy who was drafted into the Army as an enlisted man and ended the war as a major.
- Corporal John Henry Shelly was the gunner and ranking enlisted man on the tank.
- Two U.S. Army enlisted men manning an experimental radar system spotted the incoming aircraft and called air defense headquarters twice.
- Most of its members were reserve officers or enlisted men.
- We, the initial troops, had nothing to move into, and within days, more and more enlisted men and officers would be coming in to assume their duties.
- For an officer to apologize to an enlisted man in public was unheard of, and the soldiers must have discussed the incident at length in the barracks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.