In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- ‘If your immune ability decreases, and you get other diseases such as pneumonia, enteritis, or cholecystitis, the virus may take advantage and start to replicate itself,’ he said.
- The official reason given for his untimely death was acute enteritis (inflammation of the intestine) caused by a kick to the stomach.
- The diagnosis remains one of exclusion because underlying conditions such as diabetes or regional enteritis may produce similar symptoms.
- Illnesses such as diarrhea, enteritis, and gastroenteritis affect as many as three-quarters of the village's children under the age of 5.
- In salmonella infections relapses of enteritis or bacteraemia are common.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.