In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine artistaTelevision Radio masculine animadorTelevision Radio feminine animadorahe/she is a popular radio entertainer — es un/una popular artista de la radio
- For the next month the centre will play host to dozens of entertainers and performers.
- A host of talented musicians and entertainers will perform at the show, which takes place in Central Park.
- It was a great variety show with top notch actors and entertainers doing what they do best - hamming it up.
- After leaving Oxford, Andy was determined to work as a musician and be an entertainer.
- Footballers and all sportsmen alike are entertainers, just like singers and actors.
- A few of them managed to survive on the loose as entertainers or musicians.
- Each month the theme of the festival would change to allow a wide variety of artists and entertainers to take part.
- He was also a singer and entertainer and performed at many concerts in the locality.
- Cultural life in the township is remarkably rich, bursting with accomplished singers and entertainers.
- Some of them may have come into the profession attracted by the glamour of being singers and entertainers.
- The event was spectacular and well produced as entertainers performed to their utmost.
- Some of the town's leading entertainers performed free of charge for the evening.
- There will also be a number of local entertainers performing on the night.
- There will be demonstrations on their talents from various artists and entertainers.
- Music-making was mainly in the hands of a few itinerant singers and entertainers at fairs and in taverns.
- He knows that he is a performer, an entertainer whose love of animals is matched only by his love of magic.
- It would enhance the whole event if we had the street musicians and entertainers.
- Children can discover poems with entertainers, watch a puppet show, get their faces painted and help create a wall of poetry.
- The musicians, though, can be committed to being both artists and entertainers.
- In recent years the show has attracted more and more artists and entertainers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.