In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The tale is plain and easily digested, but a weary traveler at rendezvous 36 might crave something more enticing.
- Her extreme popularity among the Democratic base makes her an enticing choice.
- This enticing book can stand alone or supplement a lesson on food or Chinese culture.
- For many, the thought of going in dark evenings to a classroom designed for youngsters is hardly an enticing one.
- Hollywood couldn't have scripted a more enticing movie scenario.
- It is certainly not worthy of such an enticing place.
- The shop itself had a bare wooden floor and enticing treasures.
- They are the truth in a world of enticing illusions.
- His lips had met with something soft and enticing, sending pleasant tingles through his body.
- There was something enticing in his vulnerability.
- Given its reputation, Bulgaria was an enticing location for Jay to research.
- Apparently the Victorian government offered an enticing package to seal the deal.
- Elegantly dressed models from Bangalore set the ramp on fire with their enticing catwalk.
- That has the potential to drive some enticing advertising deals.
- All in all, it is a show which promises to be very enticing.
- For Solomon, the most enticing question to be answered is how Mercury was formed.
- Cooper spins an enticing web, catching all readers who wander through her realm.
- The Web component has proved particularly enticing for the new e-generation.
- A pair of slots going right through the cliff looks enticing.
- If all this activity makes you hungry they offer an enticing menu.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.