In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1portero eléctrico masculineportero automático masculine Spaininterfón masculine Mexicointercomunicador masculine Venezuela
- Yet on none of these occasions has the video screen of my entryphone flickered into life.
- Police say they believe the intruders rang the entryphone at the main door and one of the residents let them in.
- We are making major improvements to the entryphone system and repairing the car park lighting.
- She added the broken entryphone system had been reported for repair.
- Still thinking that all this stuff would soon go away on Sunday afternoon, the doorbell rang and a voice on my entryphone said ‘Hello, I'm from the national press.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.