In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He can even envision future programs remaining in the smaller venues in order to reach different audiences.
- To envision the future, one must learn from the past to create a new tomorrow.
- I can even envision the possibility that it might be my duty to seek to change them.
- These envision a range of possible outcomes within which the actual future is delimited.
- The mother envisions a future for her child as a caring adult that is respectful of others and that avoids aggression.
- Not able to work, he struggles to envision a future for himself and how his misfortune might end.
- Knowing our history is a prerequisite for understanding our present and envisioning our future.
- It's not so much a person's background that matters, as it is how they envision the future.
- We are not intended to reach the zenith of human potential as envisioned by secular humanists.
- The shuttle was originally envisioned as one small part of man's grand future in space.
- Each scenario envisions a future in which the only national policy measures are voluntary.
- It is difficult to envision a plan for the future without visiting moments from the past.
- He's detail-oriented, and her strength lies in envisioning the big picture.
- I envision a time in the future when we are put in the way of mutual danger.
- For the future they envision a performing arts center with a library and video archive.
- The creative imagination, however, can envision the unbounded, or at least the apparently unbounded.
- A second option envisions the sale of 100 per cent of the air carrier.
- And here I was already envisioning another service voucher in my near future.
- As the situation stands, therefore, one can envision two possibilities for the near future.
- The third element that appears in culinary taste has to do with how we envision our personal future.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.