In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The epidemiology of diseases such as cancer is certainly different from what we are accustomed to in the West.
- Matching is a traditional approach to control for potential confounding in epidemiology.
- The epidemiology of hypertension diagnosed otherwise is currently much less understood.
- I'm a microbiologist, and my emphasis area is infectious disease epidemiology.
- Articles that did better tended to include an author affiliated with a department of statistics, epidemiology, or public health.
- The use of race and ethnicity in epidemiology and public health research has been debated hotly.
- This book reviews the treatment, epidemiology and unique clinical aspects of epilepsy.
- Asthma severity is difficult to define in epidemiology, as previously described.
- The second major factor is the epidemiology of the disease or condition.
- It is also essential for understanding the epidemiology of the disease.
- Likewise important were the advances in epidemiology, public health, and sanitation.
- We have confirmed that research on cancers and cardiovascular diseases dominates published epidemiology.
- When viewed globally, the future epidemiology of lung cancer is of great concern.
- There are no personnel trained in field epidemiology in the public health system.
- The epidemiology of esophagitis in Japan is somewhat different from that in Western countries.
- Six chapters then examine the analysis of various issues that arise in public health and epidemiology.
- It has a strong orientation toward behavioral epidemiology and health promotion.
- The epidemiology of cryptococcosis has changed over the years because of the AIDS epidemic.
- And, if ever there was a need for a compendium of current epidemiology of diabetes and its complications, it is now.
- The epidemiology of West Nile virus has also changed in recent years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.