In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1anestesia epidural feminineanestesia peridural feminine
- Most hospitals use IV medicines or epidurals for pain relief.
- In many hospitals, labor pain management options are limited to epidurals, parenteral analgesics, or rudimentary labor support from overextended nurses.
- Anaesthetists want to prove epidurals work well and they don't want to follow up on stories of backache or discomfort.
- Ask your doctor what percentage of their patients receive an epidural.
- Besides the discomfort of administering the epidural and the fact that it may take a half hour to 90 minutes for pain relief to take effect, mothers opting for epidurals risk these side effects.
- Her work's on epidurals, pain relief in childbirth and how very dicey it is getting the needle into the right place.
- Unsuccessful attempts at administering the epidural should be recorded factually with no editorial comments.
- Every time I pick up the paper I read about women's awful experiences of childbirth, of epidurals, of cold, sterile hospitals, Caesarians, epistimologies, birthing like a factory process, pregnancy treated like an illness.
- Conversely, because epidurals can provide excellent analgesia, patients will require no systemic sedative analgesia, which is also identified in the editorial as a cause of immobility.
- Despite unopposed parasympathetic activity, epidurals do not increase leak rates.
- The policy states that epidurals should not be denied because of the patient's insurance and that nurses should not be restricted from managing regional anesthesia.
- Finally, it is noteworthy that caregiver preferences may to a large extent dictate the use of epidurals and other medical procedures for laboring women.
- This included the ability to induce labour and the use of epidurals to ease difficult pregnancies.
- Where available, more than one in five women will request epidurals for pain relief in labour.
- Little attention has been paid to other obstetric interventions such as epidurals, episiotomies, and instrumental births
- The review also studied the use of delayed pushing as a labor management strategy in women with epidurals.
- A low-dose epidural is also a way of giving women a brief rest from the pain during early labour.
- Over 1000 nulliparous women who requested epidurals in labour participated in a randomised controlled trial comparing low dose spinal anaesthetic, low dose epidural, and conventional epidural.
- These types of epidurals is not discussed here.
- Anaesthetists routinely provide epidurals for both vaginal and caesarean deliveries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.