In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The association between epilepsy and psychosis has been researched since the nineteenth century.
- Pregnant women with epilepsy were recruited to the study, predominantly by community midwives.
- Having a learning disability does not cause epilepsy and nor does epilepsy cause a learning disability.
- He had been left with a severe form of cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and cortical blindness.
- If someone has repeated seizures, they may be diagnosed with epilepsy.
- Doctors may have a lower risk of making, and patients may have lower risk of receiving, a misdiagnosis of epilepsy.
- Children with epilepsy do not require much change in their activities.
- Narcolepsy has been mistaken for epilepsy, chronic fatigue syndrome, and schizophrenia.
- A post-mortem gave the cause of death as sudden death caused by epilepsy.
- No deaths were attributed directly to seizures, and sudden unexplained death in epilepsy did not occur.
- I have suffered with epilepsy all my life, and also in later life diabetes.
- Thus swimming should not be discouraged in people with epilepsy or any other physical disability.
- Patients with epilepsy may have prodromal symptoms of tension, anxiety, and depression.
- Pregnancy in women with epilepsy is associated with an increased risk of fetal malformation.
- These cases illustrate the scope for mistaking narcolepsy for epilepsy.
- Priests believed that an illness such as epilepsy was caused by the gods.
- In some illnesses, for example migraine or epilepsy, the diagnosis may be evident from the history alone.
- These scans look at the way the brain works and can help to pinpoint the part of the brain that is causing epilepsy.
- He started doing charity swims for the multiple sclerosis and epilepsy societies.
- We report on 15 patients in whom benign sleep myoclonus was initially mistaken for epilepsy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.