In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- While you may not be at such an extreme stage, striving, failure and self - criticism lead to stress, which floods the blood with hormones epinephrine and cortisol.
- And as the day goes on, your body makes less cortisol, less epinephrine.
- This adrenaline rush is an effect caused by the adrenal glands in the body manufacturing epinephrine, cortisol, and norepinephrine.
- The pancreatic hormone exerts an opposing effect to that of glucagon and epinephrine.
- In addition to their effects as neurotransmitters, norepinephrine and epinephrine can influence the rate of metabolism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.