1miembro de la Iglesia Episcopaliana masculinemiembro de la Iglesia Episcopal masculine
- ‘Mainline Protestants, and perhaps Episcopalians in particular, have been reluctant to wear their religion on their sleeve,’ she said.
- Moreover, black Episcopalians have consistently held the Church's feet to the fire, and reminded it when its actions have been inconsistent with the principles it espoused.
- American Episcopalians maintain stubborn resistance to warnings by the world Anglican Communion that they have recklessly broken fellowship.
- Perhaps most important, in many urban and rural areas where churches are struggling, Episcopalians and Lutherans will be able to have joint congregations served by a pastor or priest of either body.
- It is one of the richest resources on baptism written for Episcopalians in print.
- This book and Glenn's views will be of special interest to Episcopalians with memories of upheavals in church and society a few decades ago.
- This is not unlike the situation of other Protestant churches, including Methodists, Presbyterians, and Episcopalians, to name a few.
- Late eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Episcopalians searched the early Church for examples to prove to Baptists that infant baptism was ancient and proper.
- Longtime Episcopalians remember the old days of Morning Prayer, but have no explanation for the change-other, perhaps, than that of making a change for change's sake.
- Evangelicals are a sub-set of Christianity, a religion that includes Catholics, Episcopalians, liberal Protestants, Greek Orthodox, etc.
- Buffalo's Protestant founders, mainly Episcopalians and Presbyterians, originated in New England and eastern New York.
- A brother had left the church several years earlier and become an Episcopalian.
- My own view is that of a person who was born into a family of Episcopalians whose allegiance to that church stretches as far back as anyone can remember.
- This summer, Episcopalians, United Methodists and Presbyterians will take up the issue at their individual conventions.
- You know, years ago when I was an Episcopalian, another member of the church used the church directory as a marketing tool for his small business, and started making cold calls using it.
- Further, in spite of the proliferation of weekday celebrations of lesser feasts, many Episcopalians lack even cursory knowledge of the early church and the patristic fathers.
- Most divided are the moderate Protestant denominations, such as the Presbyterians, Episcopalians and Methodists.
- The biggest religious disputes here have actually been between Protestants: Episcopalians and Presbyterians, and between the various shades of the latter.
- As Episcopalians, not having an ordained priest available meant we could not celebrate the Eucharist.
- In the U.S. there are now more Muslims than Episcopalians or Presbyterians, and at least as many Muslims as Jews.