In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1igualdad de oportunidades feminine
- Segregation laws kept the races apart and denied equal opportunities to black people.
- Princeton University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Many local authorities have equal opportunities policies to ensure that all applicants are treated with fairness.
- Leeds United chief executive Shaun Harvey said after the tribunal that the firm would always remain an equal opportunities employer.
- However, he did insist equal opportunities and racial discrimination were issues taken very seriously by the court.
- He was an early proponent of the rights of women to equal opportunities.
- A good employer will have agreed equal opportunities and other policies such as anti-harassment with the union.
- During the course, the teenagers learned about impartiality, equal opportunities and how to develop their listening skills.
- How have they benefitted from all the equal opportunities programmes in the public sector?
- The report reveals that many health boards and trusts have no specific race and equal opportunities policies in place, and where they do they are often out of date.
- Some equal opportunity campaigners are concerned that the rash of discrimination cases may be doing more damage than good.
- The firm defended its policy yesterday and said it was committed to an equal opportunities policy.
- In London there was a call for submissions from architects having an equal opportunities policy in place.
- Now is the time when we have to give due attention to the excluded classes by providing them with equal opportunities of welfare and education.
- Many health boards and trusts have no specific race and equal opportunities policies.
- When it comes to business I am an equal opportunity employer through and through.
- Women are highly regarded as decision makers and the government offers equal opportunities in employment and education.
- Many institutions have an equal opportunities policy, but do they have an anti-racist code of practice?
- His appointment has caused upset within company ranks as the post had not been advertised contravening equal opportunities policy.
- The institutional injustice that women face needs to be set right and they need equal opportunities and encouragement to succeed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.