In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Mathematicsecuación femininea simple/quadratic/cubic equation — una ecuación de primer/segundo/tercer grado
- He replaced the differential operator d/dx by a variable p transforming a differential equation into an algebraic equation.
- The first person known to have solved cubic equations algebraically was del Ferro but he told nobody of his achievement.
- The sections on equations cover quadratic equations where he discusses two solutions.
- These laws are very precise and can be expressed by exact mathematical equations.
- The movement associated with each mode can be expressed by the motion equation for a single degree-of-freedom system.
- An encryption algorithm is a mathematical equation containing the message being encrypted or decrypted.
- Lagrange's main object was to find out why cubic and quartic equations could be solved algebraically.
- It also contains continued fractions, quadratic equations, sums of power series and a table of sines.
- Now express the pattern as a mathematical equation.
- When I pressed him to write an equation expressing the value for a, he insisted that he would need a symbol for within.
- As relationships go, I realized this simple equation of life.
- One-half of the general problem of stellar atmospheres revolves around the solution of the equation of radiative transfer.
- The simple equation of balancing caloric intake and exercise is the key to fitness.
- The facts reduce themselves to a terrible equation of time and consequence.
- I feel that I have developed some sort of equation with them.
- And can you tell us, are you concerned about second-guessing on that whole equation?
- I say two, because another managerial solution to this quandary is to work on the slightly simpler equation of four into three.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.