In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These are all in circular prograde orbits near Neptune's equatorial plane, and they probably formed in place.
- There are two dry seasons and two rainy seasons, but the equatorial climate is very hot and humid year-round.
- The rivalry between the European colonial powers in Africa reached a peak in these unclaimed and unexplored regions of the equatorial belt.
- The warm water and air masses move eastward across the equatorial region, until they reach the west coast of the Americas.
- The climate was equatorial, with little annual fluctuation in day length or temperature.
- The climate is equatorial with high temperatures, high humidity, and heavy rainfall, although there is no distinct wet season.
- Of these poor and disenfranchised, the majority live a marginal existence in equatorial climates.
- The area has an equatorial climate that is very cool and wet, with thick evergreen forests surrounding the tea farms.
- The mountain spans five climate zones from the equatorial to the arctic.
- The island has an equatorial climate, with little variation in temperature throughout the year.
- With its equatorial climate, Bushara Island is truly ideal.
- This map shows the concentration of water vapour close to the soil around the equatorial region of Mars.
- Hydrogen in lesser concentrations also was detected in the equatorial regions.
- Low-lying plains sprawl across half the equatorial region in the shape of a scorpion.
- Physical Rwanda occupies a mountainous region where the equatorial climate is modified by the altitude.
- Although most of the world was dry, climate stratification allowed a narrow equatorial tropical belt to develop.
- Chambers are subspherical to incipiently squat, in some cases bulging slightly in their equatorial regions.
- This was clearly the intent of its designers, since the equatorial and polar regions are of particular interest.
- The climate is equatorial with a mean annual rainfall of 1200 mm and a mean annual temperature of 25°C.
- It is a rich, green environment that provides a year-round equatorial climate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.