In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(skills) ecuestre(sports) hípico(sports) ecuestre
- Polo is a highly demanding equestrian sport that combines the skills of the rider and the performance of the horse.
- It was at school that she discovered she shared her parents' interest in horses and equestrian sports, as well as other sports like field hockey and gymnastics.
- To join the unit, officers undergo a basic six-month training course, which includes equestrian skills and looking after the horses.
- The monarch, an equestrian sports fan, was taking a carriage ride through the forest near Windsor Castle when she came upon a clearing that looked perfect for racing.
- Active in many sports, Reeve owned several horses and competed in equestrian events regularly.
- This game is on the increase and is certainly a very interesting equestrian sport.
- She told them that her sister liked horses and was on an equestrian team.
- His farming enterprises are a herd of suckler cows and horses, which compete in the equestrian sport of eventing up to and including international level.
- But by 300 BC, these tribes had acquired horses and used their equestrian skills to develop very effective cavalry tactics.
- Anything we can do to raise awareness of equestrian sport will be beneficial.
- With Schumann, Ullrich and the equestrian dressage team, the Germans had their best day of the Games with three gold medals to lift spirits deflated by a below-par Olympics so far.
- Besides dog and cat events, 2004's exhibition sees the introduction of equestrian stands which will promote responsible horse care and give a greater insight into equestrian sports.
- The most disciplined and demanding equestrian sport, dressage, was in its full glory at Woorree Park at the weekend.
- Due to Australia's immigration laws for horses, the 1956 equestrian events were held separately in Stockholm.
- From age five until 12 she was learning equestrian riding.
- Moreover, those responsible for the more traditional equestrian sports may have feared losing players to one that is particularly exciting to play as well as to watch.
- Horse breeding and equestrian sports have always been recognised by the society as an integral part of this activity.
- In fact, when we moved to California, I also tried gymnastics and competed in equestrian riding for many years.
- Also placing the International Sport Horse Show on the equestrian map was the staging of a top-class showjumping grand prix on Saturday.
- Laurel called to them, speaking of their snooty old riding instructor at the equestrian academy the girls had attended together most of their lives.
1masculine jinetefeminine amazona
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.