In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hípica feminine(riding) equitación feminine
- But it was in the sports of rowing, cycling, sailing and equestrianism that the foundations were laid.
- Racing and equestrianism are the only professional worldwide sports in which men and women compete against each other on an equal basis.
- The only Olympic sport where the two sexes compete together is equestrianism so it is not surprising it is taking a long time.
- The implementation group set up to formulate a structure for an umbrella body for equestrianism has ‘agreed, in principle, to proceed with the establishment of the body’.
- Mr McGourty said there is recognition now that equestrianism is no longer the sport of kings and that it can be an important alternative enterprise in agriculture.
- How many of his peer group would admit to an interest in equestrianism before they got into football?
- What it referred to was a rumour that has been flying around the divided and sometimes poisonous world of Irish equestrianism.
- Indeed, equestrianism is a multi-million pound industry which plays an important role in the rural economy and tourism.
- The other sports are athletics, canoeing, cycling, equestrianism, gymnastics, judo, triathlon, sailing and swimming.
- Olympic fans have come to expect controversy and scandal, but the genteel world of equestrianism had managed to keep its head well above water.
- Visitors were treated to displays of equestrianism, ranging from show-jumping to a Shetland Pony Grand National, livestock, pole-climbing and even terrier racing.
- The Minister congratulated Cian on his wonderful achievement in bringing home the individual showjumping gold medal, Ireland's first medal in equestrianism in the history of the Games.
- The British Horse Society welcomes recognition at national level of the value of equestrianism to the rural economy, and the proposed help for farmers who want to diversify.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.