In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The new programme will be based on clear rules and criteria, ensuring that access is fair and equitable.
- Secondly, I cannot imagine how it could be streamlined in a fair and equitable manner.
- Many now wished to return and it was fair and equitable that they should be assisted by the state.
- If sacrifice is called for then fair and equitable treatment must be the order of the day.
- All anyone can ask for is fair and equitable treatment under the law, and that's what we are not getting.
- They are expected to protect all the athletes and to ensure fair and equitable competition.
- The basis of good governance is fair and equitable representation of all stakeholders.
- The needs of the elderly and their carers must be addressed if we are to have a fair and equitable society.
- Economic growth was important, but so too was the equitable distribution of wealth.
- There was still a long way to go towards, among other things, an equitable distribution of skills.
- We wanted to come up with a fair, equitable and easy way to reward bloggers for their writing.
- We must all be vigilant before our fair and equitable system of health provision is dismantled before our eyes.
- Do we feel our present taxation system is fair and equitable?
- I've always made the case that we should not get more than Irish, that would not be fair or equitable.
- But this case must be the most flagrant disregard for what is supposed to be a fair and equitable system we have seen.
- To be negotiable and have legitimacy, commitments generally need to be perceived to be reasonably fair and equitable.
- The differential rates system was introduced at the start of this financial year to make rates fair and equitable.
- He called for a fairer and more equitable funding formula to be introduced.
- Churchill was right to say that a fair and equitable penal system lies at the heart of a healthy civilisation.
- Emphasis on equitable distribution would truly alleviate the crime situation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.