In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1formal(fairness)equidad feminine formal
2.1(shareholders' interest in company)patrimonio neto masculinebefore noun equity capital — capital propio masculine
- Funds beyond the 1 percent level would be used to reward faculty or address market and equity issues.
- It is also likely that the issue of equity will be aggravated by the accession of poorer countries from Eastern Europe in the medium term.
- The board of IDBI Bank will meet on May 19 to consider a rights issue of its equity shares.
- Most people don't know much about financing and equity issues, so they tend to need a lot of information in this area.
- Managers have been encouraged to address equity and market issues as well as they can with limited funds.
- Much will depend on equity markets and merger and acquisition activity continuing in a healthy state.
- The company has the option to convert 65 per cent of its equity into company shares.
- They align incentives around enterprise-level outcomes such as market share and return on equity.
- We aim to provide committed, long term equity to the business and its shareholders.
- The group has increased its cash holdings since becoming worried, a few months ago, that equity valuations are looking stretched.
- A stance should be taken on taxing dividends from equity mutual fund schemes.
- The scandal was a contributing factor to a slide in world equity markets, knocking billions off stock values.
- It provides equity capital to enterprises not quoted on a stock market.
- With a lousy economy and a sinking stock market, equity funds were doomed.
- Like all convertible bonds, CoCos can be swapped for equity if the share price reaches a certain target.
- Increases above this amount will be based on individual merit and market or equity issues.
- Measures of revenue and profit are more volatile than the book value of shareholders' equity.
- The company recouped losses in the second quarter from equity market losses.
- It might be through equity - owning a share of some oil businesses.
- The equity share portfolios are managed as controlled or as pro-actively advised portfolios.
2.2(residual worth)participación en el capital feminine
- That way you'd end up with a big mortgage, not much equity, no investments and a cold retirement.
- While living in his house, he refinanced it repeatedly, pulling out equity to buy other properties.
- Many people choose to draw equity from their UK properties rather than having to take out a new mortgage.
- Divorcees tend to have a fair amount of equity but, especially if you don't have a full-time job, a relatively low income.
- Releasing equity in a property can be a convenient source of funds, but it isn't always an appropriate plan, given the additional debt burden.
- A cash-out involves refinancing your mortgage and taking your equity out in cash.
- When that new mortgage was registered, there was clearly equity in the property.
- Should you move after living in a home for only a few years, you may have little or no equity in the property.
- As a long-term investment, property is quite favorable as investors can borrow at low rates and use the free equity in one property to buy another.
- It appears that the amount of equity we have in our homes has tripled in value over the last decade.
- Under the loans scheme, homeowners and landlords can release equity from their properties to carry out urgent and major work.
- If I were a first-time buyer today without any other equity in property, I could not afford to buy it.
- As a result, the ratio of mortgage debt to home equity is at near-record highs.
- It is estimated at this stage that net equity in the properties is in the region of £600,000.
- But relying solely on rising house prices to create equity in your property is precarious to say the least.
- Perhaps the value of your home has shot up so much in the last few years that you feel comfortable knowing that you are sitting on a fair amount of equity.
- This is often done by selling their existing property, releasing equity and then living in a caravan on site while the project commences.
- Home equity loans with tax deductible interest payments are used to pay for vacation trips.
- The equity in the properties appears to be in the region of £9 million.
- Banks will lend money for additional land depending on the amount of equity and security the farmer has.
2.3(shares)valores de renta variablebefore noun the equities market — el mercado de valores
- Today, the herd talks of giving up on equities just when stocks have never been cheaper.
- When equities are climbing, investors' only concern is the share price.
- Investors are likely to become appreciably richer by investing in equities, rather than bonds or cash.
- The balance of probability still favours equities outperforming bonds in the medium term.
- Under the proposed changes councils will be allowed to buy shares and equities and invest on the money markets.
- Cynics say the sudden revival in private investors' interest in equities is also a sign that the best is over.
- This is very good news for highly geared economies, such as the US and UK, and of course for equities.
- The fund invests in gold mining company shares and has a small holding in platinum and silver equities.
- Historically equities have tended to outperform all other investment asset classes.
- Income arising from dividends from equities, life assurance products and pensions will not be affected.
- The choices will range from low risk to medium risk managed funds invested in a mix of equities.
- As a group, equities receive a double plus weighting, bonds a double minus and cash is labelled a zero.
- One advantage of corporate bonds over equities for investors is what happens if the company falls on hard times.
- Now may well be a sensible time to reconsider the merits of equities, and growth stocks in particular.
- It is too early to call the top for equities because shares prices tend to carry on rising even when the interest rate cycle has turned.
- It is noteworthy that property has now outperformed Irish equities in each of the last five years.
- The funds can buy equities, sell short and leverage their best ideas by buying and selling options.
- They can now invest in a complete range of assets from property to equities and bonds.
- Many investors act primarily as consumers of equities rather than as shared proprietors.
- Investors who shy away from the risk of equities and the negligible interest on cash savings may prefer to buy bonds.
sindicato de actores
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.