In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1era feminineépoca femininethe Napoleonic era — la era napoleónica
- this would mark a new era in medicine — esto haría época / marcaría un hito en la historia de la medicina
- the Christian Era — la Era Cristiana
- Some three-and-a-half years before the Nazis came to power, events in Erlangen marked the onset of a new era.
- The myth of the solar hero can be found within many of the ancient civilisations even before the Christian era.
- Mr McClain therefore begins his text in a year significant in UK history as an era of change.
- Einstein's biographies discuss not only his role within normal science but also his life as a political activist during the World War II era.
- Many of America's great cathedrals of racing date from the Depression era of the film's setting.
- Simply put, it was on that date that the communist era in Bulgaria started.
- Everything changed, however, with the discovery of radioactivity at the end of the nineteenth century - a discovery that led to one of the most remarkable, fruitful, and fateful eras in the history of chemistry.
- The period is further divided into the early Heian and the late Heian, or Fujiwara, eras, the pivotal date being 894, the year imperial embassies to China were officially discontinued.
- This year saw the dawning of a new era in the history of the awards in the school.
- Coast Guard cutters and aircraft formed the federal government's front-line defense during the Prohibition era against liquor smugglers.
Equal Rights Amendment
Earned Run Average
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.