In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Spreading pecans encircled the house back in the Little Town, trees which received yearly pruning, faithful webworm eradications, and regular fertilizing.
- Mullin understands the urgent need for education to lead to the eradication of these misconceptions.
- The eradication of poverty is indeed today a vital condition for global stability, democracy and peace.
- By 2020 I would like to see the eradication of the effects of poverty.
- The aim of the research has been to optimise vaccine schedules for control, elimination, or eradication of disease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.