In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1goma (de borrar) femininea blackboard eraser — un borrador
- Greene provides a clear, lengthy preface describing how to prepare ten strings of the grand piano with rubber erasers and wood screws.
- My English notebook, along with pencils, pens, erasers and binder paper became airborne.
- These would have prevented goods clearly compatible with military use from entering the country, but would have allowed civilian necessities like medicine and pencil erasers into Iraq.
- It might be a good idea to frisk people for calculators, rubber erasers, and other harmful things.
- A high school drop out, Mano's passion for odd things can be traced to his school days when as an eight year old he amused his friends by inserting chalk pieces and erasers into his nostril and pulling them out through his mouth.
- Each bag contained a pencil, an eraser, a ruler, notebooks, a water bottle and torchlight.
- It was very tiny, about the size of a pencil eraser sliced in a tiny piece.
- UNICEF has also distributed books, blackboards, pencils, erasers, pens, watercolor paint sets as well as volleyballs, skipping ropes, drums and football kits, she said.
- Martin slapped both on the table and rushed off to buy pencil sharpeners and erasers.
- The long, unsharpened pencils with no bite marks, multi-colored pens, and clean erasers somehow held the promise of achievements to come…
- Some of the items, like erasers and pencil sharpeners, shaped and coloured like fruits and vegetables, were much in demand.
- I have dim recollection of this back to school ritual: binders, pens, pencils, erasers, and paper.
- Synthetic rubber erasers are vulcanized (cooked under pressure) to cure the rubber, but vinyl erasers skip this part.
- Pencils, erasers, small plastic figurines, and other nonedible items make good trick-or-treat prizes.
- Tuna sashimi is ‘the pale pink of pencil erasers, and the texture of whipped cream’.
- I wrote how pencils were long in September, and erasers were full.
- Remove the paper from the eraser; the ink will have transferred to the rubber eraser.
- Just fill all of the baskets with plastic spiders and erasers and combs and put them on every shelf with a different ticket value.
- Coins, marbles, safety pins, buttons, crayon pieces, erasers, paper wads, rocks, and beads are also risks.
- More than 200 backpacks filled with paper, pencils, pens, erasers, calculators and other necessities were given to the children.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.