In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The only adverse effects of therapy were transient skin erythema and local hair loss in three irradiated patients.
- Local irritation, erythema, ulceration, and tenderness were common reactions.
- For people with light skin, any erythema should be a signal for intervention and monitoring.
- The most common side effects are acne, erythema, and burning and stinging of the skin.
- Early application of topical steroids is useful to limit erythema and pruritus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.