In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(literary composition)ensayo masculine
- In writing essays, I only follow one rule, which is that all the information is independently verifiable.
- I won an award for a poem, and consistently scored really well for essays, short stories and other English stuff in high school.
- In addition, he has published several books of essays, poems and photographs.
- Many of the essays are just too short to really get into the subject.
- Each section centers around a theme and is introduced with a short essay by one of the editors.
- Apart from the novels, Sundara Ramaswamy has written several short stories and essays on literary criticism.
- Quentin Williams makes this point in a perceptive essay on painting and photography.
- Both his poetry from 1926 on and his essays in literary criticism attest to his spiritual independence.
- I think I did a reasonable science essay on house design.
- He's since written many novels, and essays, and short stories.
- The editors encouraged all forms of literary submissions from poetry and essays to short stories and serialized novels.
- Previously, he had published travel essays and short stories, but he turned to writing novels.
- For example, my first published piece was a nonfiction essay in MidAmerican Review.
- He has published essays, reviews and short stories in a number of journals and anthologies and is currently at work on a novel.
- Although he lacked a good radio voice, he excelled at writing short but incisive essays that captured a radio audience unused to such quality in a news broadcast.
- This juxtaposition is a characteristic feature of George Eliot's essays and reviews.
- That might be the inevitable price of writing short essays.
- However, he continued to write poems, short stories, essays, and novels when he found time.
- I went on to publish essays, short stories, poetry, and political commentaries.
- During the years that followed, Hurston wrote novels, essays, articles, and plays.
- He began writing plays, essays, short stories and then film scripts declaring that he planned to devote his life to art as a force for social change.
1.2masculine trabajomasculine ensayofeminine composiciónfeminine redacción
2formal(attempt)incursión feminine formal
- Tourism at its best is an attempt, an essay, and not all essays are trivial.
1(task) intentar realizar(method) probar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.