In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fatty acid methyl esters were analyzed by gas chromatography as described above.
- Glycerol esters are utilized in cakes, breads and other bakery products as lubricants and softening agents.
- The ester ethyl acetate can be produced using either an organic or inorganic acid.
- Inside is a solution of an oxalate ester and a fluorescent dye, as well as a smaller glass tube that contains hydrogen peroxide.
- Fatty esters help replace natural esters missing from older, dryer skin types.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.