In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He experimented with other mediums, such as oil paint and etching, but most of his best work was done with watercolors.
- A large Freud etched self-portrait, with typical merciless etching to delineate each patch of skin, is perhaps the most memorable work in the exhibition.
- An inventive graphic artist, he has worked in various printmaking techniques, including etching, screenprinting, and woodcut.
- He was unsatisfied with the results until, he met Mark Draper, someone who had mastered the technical aspects of etching and from whom he learned a great deal one summer.
- They said etching was too remote, too technical… but as soon as I managed to get artists to try, they liked it.
- Rembrandt was an innovative printmaker, and was especially devoted to expressive etching.
- Siobhan stressed the originality apparent within the works, and described some of the processes involved in etching and printmaking in general.
- ‘I enjoy the medium of etching for its tactile qualities, its chiaroscuro possibilities and the surprises of the process,’ she said.
- Even had this not been so, etching was an appropriate medium for this series, as it permitted him to portray minute details of physical decomposition.
- In a process she likens to printmaking or etching, Moreau pours the mixture directly onto the metal surface and spreads the pools of paint with a brush.
- Gross, a master of etching in charge of graphics at the Slade School of Art, later helped Daphne Reynolds to develop mezzotints, the deep, velvety blacks created with home-made ink.
- Since then, she has worked in a number of other media besides oil painting, including etching, lithography, watercolor, pastel, sculpture and tapestry.
- He studied drawing and etching at an art school in Nantes, France, from 1971 to 1978.
- In this series, Goya had perfected the painstaking processes of etching and aquatint and placed them in the service of rendering bizarre compositions of man, beast, witch and clergyman.
- What becomes clear is that a passion for drawing underpins his approach to etching.
2(picture, design)grabado masculineaguafuerte masculine
- Schiftan is a publisher and importer of fine art reproductions and hand-colored etchings.
- In addition to paintings, he produced a large number of prints - etchings, lithographs, and woodcuts.
- Together, the etchings and paintings summarize Goya's contribution to war art per se.
- Engravings, along with etchings and drypoints, are created with the intaglio process.
- Not only that, but there will also be a selection of etchings, illustrations, ephemera and maps on many of the stands.
- The book is a hand-made collection of Emmanuel's etchings and lithographs, some of which are painted by the artist.
- Whistler's etchings of Venice were published in two sets.
- At the end of his life, the artist had created more than one thousand prints - mainly lithographs and etchings.
- In an inspired move, the Gallery of Modern Art has hung five oil paintings alongside the etchings, allowing us to make clear comparisons.
- The result is an assembly of drawings, etchings and digital prints representing a 50-year long obsession.
- During this time he offered a number of prints, etchings and lithographs to the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
- The presentation consists of oil paintings and etchings and is a collection of her impressions of India.
- This celebrated, rare etching is based on studies Picasso made for a figure of a weeping woman in Guernica.
- Bell's drawings, etchings and monumental clay sculptures possess a kind of mystical godliness.
- Lithographs, watercolours, drawings, etchings and numerous sculptures are housed in this serene villa.
- On display will be a selection of large-scale oil paintings, watercolours, pastels and etchings.
- Customers can choose from original works of art, etchings and limited-edition prints.
- The progressive series of etchings show Picasso's brief foray into lithography.
- In addition to his paintings, he has left us with thousands of etchings, and drawings.
- Original oil paintings and etchings by Frances Hodgkins, William Swainson and John Gully were heaped in piles on the floor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.