In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One proposed explanation is that animal alcoholics are after the high calorie nourishment of ethanol.
- The company will also release four vehicles that can run on fuel-efficient ethanol next year.
- The market for brandy and other products is already saturated so the wine will be turned into ethanol and other chemicals.
- Is ethanol in fuel really so good for the environment and are the claims that it damages your car just spin?
- Alcohol, or ethanol, to give it its chemical name, creates a poisonous substance called acetaldehyde.
- One possible explanation for these exceptional findings might be contamination of the ethanol with a mutagen.
- Having another drink, the theory goes, makes the liver switch back to dealing with ethanol, easing the pain.
- The world's other major biofuel is ethanol, a form of alcohol already widely used as a fuel additive.
- The residual ethanol was evaporated by spreading out the solid on a sheet of filter paper.
- It is an additive used to make the ethanol produced undrinkable by people.
- The ethanol used, contained butylated hydroxytoluene as an antioxidant.
- The ethanol is oxidized first into an aldehyde and then to acetic acid by the oxygen in the atmosphere.
- He was found to have a concentration of 216 mg of ethanol in his blood.
- So, motorists hoping that the use of ethanol in petrol will cut their fuel bills are set to be disappointed.
- In vinegar this is acetic acid, i.e. the acid derived from the alcohol, ethanol.
- Production of ethanol is also expected to reduce the environmental impact of relying on fossil fuel.
- Mr Beattie says the partnership will hopefully encourage fuel users to convert to ethanol.
- Now a mixture of five percent ethanol is permitted and the proportion is likely to double in coming years.
- I recently discovered that I have an allergy to alcohols, including ethanol.
- The regime put in place has benefited and will continue to benefit a company that produces ethanol from grain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.