- The chemicals included aliphatic hydrocarbons, glycol ethers, isopropanol, limonene, naphtha, oils, and varnishes.
- Vinyl ethers are made by addition of alcohols to acetylene.
- To knock someone out, ether would have to be applied in a highly concentrated form (such as an ether-soaked rag).
- The emissions from surface-treated wood-based materials mainly originated from the oils and lacquers, and were mainly alcohols, unsaturated aldehydes, esters, glycol ethers, and glycol esters.
- In the most recent case with farmed salmon, the culprit chemical compound is polybrominated diphenyl ethers, or PBDEs, used widely as flame retardants in furniture and electronic goods.
- The lipid was redissolved in diethyl ether that was then re-evaporated under nitrogen to complete dryness.
- Although ether was once a popular anesthesia agent, its use is now strongly discouraged.
- Included among these compounds are some of the best known of all chemical families, including the hydrocarbons, alcohols, ethers, aldehydes and ketones, and organic acids.
- In the recent past dentists were instrumental in the introduction of diethyl ether and nitrous oxide.
- Cosmetics tested were found to contain a variety of industrial chemicals, including phthalates (reproductive toxins) and glycol ethers (neurotoxins).
- The animals were anesthetized with diethyl ether, and their abdomens were opened by a midline incision.
2literary(upper air)the ether — el éter literary
- A controlled mind is like clear ether which the radiance of the sun can shine through.
- The album leads the listener through a sonic tour of the ether on a radio ship picking up the most interesting sound tidbits floating about, bouncing around and intermingling with each other.
- When you work in television and radio what you do disappears into the ether, so it is very rewarding to do something with a longer shelf life.
- That really did concern me, because if New Zealanders are not pricking up their ears to listen to a wide range of programming on National Radio, then it is just broadcasting into the ether, and there really is not that much point to it.
- I don't know if any Americans are listening right now but I feel bound to make my small stamp on the ether on polling day.