In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ética femininethe Protestant work ethic — la ética protestante
- Together, we will need to build a new ethic of global stewardship.
- It asserts the value of a socialist ethic that de-emphasises self-promotion.
- The programme was also intended to develop the ethic of natural resource conservation.
- His writings and addresses increasingly dealt with the ethics and morality of the end of life.
- Maybe I do have a residual Protestant work ethic after all.
- Today, the religious element of that work ethic has largely gone - but the ethic itself remains.
- The language of social justice also needs to be moderated and shaped by an ethic of care.
- Acting on strong moral convictions ought to be part of an ethic of responsibility.
- Gender equality may not be too far off, given that action sports typically enjoy a community ethic.
- Over the past three decades environmentalism has evolved from a social movement to a societal ethic.
- Christians have occasionally suggested that all of society should run on an ethic of brotherly love.
- It is a rational, utilitarian, practical ethic, deeply American and consumerist.
- The original culture, with its strict mores enforcing an ethic of sharing, is apparently losing its dominance.
- But a strong work ethic was instilled in him at an early age.
- This was the reality of the collectivist ethic in which each should be striving for all, not for himself and his own.
- Miller was a persistent critic not of commerce, but of the commercial ethic as an all-embracing ideology.
- For an ethic is not an ethic, and a value not a value without some sacrifice to it.
- The ethic of public service was passed on from his father, who worked in the island's customs office.
- Buddhism does have a strong sexual ethic, but not a repressive one.
- Underlying this system is an ethic that seems to value discipline and sacrifice for their own sake.
- Is the core ethic of our society to maximise personal wealth?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.